Friday 20 August 2010

Our summer so far...

Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

What a wonderful summer I have been having - made even sweeter as I am still on maternity leave and don't have to have those last August days of dread before I go back to work. Now I can enjoy these last few days and help my big girl get ready for her first day of primary school - uniform, lunchbox, backpack, flashing shoes all bought - need to iron name tags on and we're pretty much good to go! I still cannot believe Emma will be starting proper school - I remember her baby days so well...but she is ready for it! We all had a fantastic time in Canada ~ other than it being far too short :( Here is a glimps of our time in Cookstown...
lounging in the sun, blue skies and green fields all around us...
8s
quality time spent with Nana and Papa
9s
Daddy time...
7s
baby cuddles (Ben is 4 months already - really, where has the time gone?)
6s
and of course no farm life holiday is complete without a ride on Papa's old tractor!
5s
Oh and, I had to add this one too - our own "jack the lad" with the au pair babes, Sophie and Nicole - Jack has a way with the ladies already - his dad is proud!
1s

1 comment:

Emma H said...

Beautiful photos as always Zoe-Love the ones of your mum and dad with the kids!!