Thursday 6 October 2011

How I miss the sun, the heat and home...

Well it's written in the wind
For the story to begin
I will go back to my kin across the sea
And the bird that's on the wing and is flying free
He can hear the song of home endlessly
-Van Morrison
Well the cold weather has certainly hit Belfast. Blustery winds, rain and that chill to the bone feeling that makes you want to crawl into your jammies and sit by the fire. And though Canada is never far from my mind, when the chill hits after the summer I think back to the fab summer I just had and wish I could transport myself back there. Back to the sun, the heat and of course my loved ones. Instead, I'll look forward to cozy sweaters, long evenings, Christmas with mom here and fun with the kids and know that the warmer days will be back again. But, let's just have one last look...
Kids in the cornfields
kids
naked babes and cheeky grins
h20s
sun-kissed cuddles
11s
gorgeous lakes and cottage life
cottages
grandparents' love
grandss
Miss you Canada - until we meet again in 2012!
h1s

No comments: